Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Monday!

It's the day after Easter Break, and, surprisingly, it really hasn't been that bad. Yes, I'm serious. Class was, well, class. Then I was supposed to go to the food pantry, but that didn't happen - they only need volunteers the second and fourth Monday of the month, so, instead, we went to our frozen yogurt little shop. Afterwards, I went to my Hip Hop Hustle class and ever since I got back I've been writing Facebook surfing. having a dance party. writing my five page rough draft for English tomorrow.

Now that I've given you a synopsis of my day, I just wanted to share the most delicious recipe. What you could use it for? Hmm. Not sure, really. But it popped into my head that you could use it.

wait!

revelation moment!

abort confusion.

You could use it to teach students how to write directions!

Perfect, right?!

I don't have any cute freebie to go with it, or anything. I could probably make one if you really wanted me to!

So, it's not my own personal recipe, I got it from Picky Palate. She calls them No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars. I needed a simpler name, so I just call them Oreo Bars.

All you need is 1 package of Oreos (or the generic brand), 1 package of marshmallows, and 4 tablespoons of butter.

Use a food processor (or blender) to grind up the Oreos while you melt (is that the right word for marshmallows?) the butter and marshmallows in the microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.

Then, mix them all together and pour it all in a pan that's covered in aluminum foil.

You might want to spray everything with cooking spray so that the marshmallow doesn't get stuck everywhere. If you clean up fast enough, though, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

The end. That's all. Sorry I don't have pictures.

I didn't have this idea when I made them for my friend Matt on Sunday night.

They're still sitting in my room, though. Quite the temptation. He better get back soon or they'll be in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment