Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

My roommate doesn't have class for another three hours and she's already up and moving around?

Say what?

That's a change!

(Update: 10 minutes later she was back in bed... I spoke too soon!)

This morning in the shower I was thinking... What am I going to do this summer to help my future teaching career?

Normally, summer is my break from teaching Sunday School and I go back to "The Jungle"  for one week only to teach at Vacation Bible School.

Normally, I spend my summer in the box office at the movie theater where I used to work. I don't know if they're taking me back though.

I applied to be a camp counselor at day camp in my town.
Got an interview.
It went really well -
They loved all my answers!
Never heard from them again.

So that's awkward.

I put all my eggs in one basket with that one. So my dad got me a job at the warehouse at the place he works.

Not too bad, I suppose.

I'll be more productive than sitting and watching cars go by all day like I did during my movie theater days.

But how is that going to help me grow to be prepared for my career?

Well, I decided that, maybe, I could start making things for my future classroom.

I mean, "why not?"

However, I am a little hesitant. I want Common Core to go away so bad. I'm hoping it's gone by the time I step out into the real world.

But then I remembered that  I have field experience every semester (except one) before graduation.

Soooo. Maybe I'll make things geared toward Common Core to share with all of you, and then MAYBE I'll be able to use them. If not, well, then all of you benefit.

The 2 followers I have.

If you're reading this... FOLLOW ME! Please? :) Some support going into the crazy world of education would be super great!

I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to....

It's totally fine.

Anyways, my two goals for the summer are:

1) Read at least 1 children's book a week and come up with a unit/activity geared towards that book.

2) Make stuff for Common Core. I'll probably focus on math, just because that's been my enemy the past 15 weeks and I want to beat it. Grade? No idea.

Also, I'll come up with a freebie here soon. Just let me get through the next 2 weeks of finals.




No comments:

Post a Comment